Want to get your hands on the best fishing paddle boards on the market today? After looking at dozens of products and testing several firsthand, we’ve put together this in-depth buying guide so you know exactly what to look for when you go shopping.
Do you like to sit or stand when fishing? How about combining the two? That’s the beauty of stand-up paddle-boarding for fishing. Some compare it to fishing from a mobile pier that can be moved to any of the lake’s many hidden fishing holes. You’ll have everything you need for a long day of fishing with the gear mounts and D-rings on your board.
Some stand-up fishing paddle boards are inflatable, which means that instead of having to hook a boat or kayak to a trailer both ways, you can just throw your catch in a cooler, deflate your SUP, and go!
We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you when you buy through links on our website.
Learn more about our Amazon affiliate program
Table of Contents
Best Fishing SUP
The best fishing paddle boards provide the utmost adaptability for fishermen. When fishing on a fishing stand-up paddle board, you have the option of sitting or standing and a variety of modes of propulsion, including engine, paddle, and troll. Because of the versatility of a fishing SUP board, you can go to areas that you couldn’t otherwise.
Whether you’re looking for a budget model or something pricey, we’ll help you find the perfect board and take care of all the legwork involved in making sure it’s worth the money.
1. Atoll Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This is a flexible stand up paddling board that’s an ideal 11 feet in size – ideal for SUP fishing. It weighs only 21 lbs, 40% less than similar models while generating a more rigid board, making it very portable, aided by the strong and sturdy travel case.
Additionally, it includes extra-durable detachable fin suitable with all global fin containers, no lost screws, no tools required and works with virtually all aftermarket fins.
A carbon fiber paddle is included, providing ultra-lightweight blades, and the length and breadth of this choice make it an ideal all-rounder, appropriate for almost any form of paddle-boarding. 15 D-rings on the decks assist you in securing all of your fishing gear and are quite helpful if you choose to add more seats or other fishing-related equipment.
Offering an excellent combination of weight and size, this SUP is very portable and is an excellent choice for those new to the sport that want to acquire a taste for it. Additionally, it has hardware that fishermen may tweak to their hearts’ delight.
- UPGRADED with new style and ultra light construction used, dual layer PVC on this inflatable paddle board – 40% lighter than comparable models while creating an extra ridged board. Inflatable stand up paddle board comes with high Pressure Bravo dual action hand pump (inflates when pushing down AND pulling up) 3rd generation hand pump (up to 15psi), front and back bungee tie downs, travel backpack with waist strap also comes with this standup
- ISUP also comes with 3nd Generation Black aluminum alloy adjustable lightweight ( 2 lbs 2 ounces) 3 piece paddle with nylon blade. Detachable extra durable removable fin compatible with all universal/ US fin boxes, NO lost screws fins, no tools needed and compatible with almost all aftermarket fins.
- Sleek new heavy-duty backpack nylon carry bag (large enough to fit pump, paddle and paddle board ) mesh sides allow ISUP dry while being stored.. NOW INCLUDES EXTRA TOUGH 10′ POLY FLEX LEASH
- 28 inchs thick, 32 inces wide and 11 feet long, the perfect all around paddle board. Tested and quality assured ISUP board, Fully wrapped with second layer of PVC material on the top and bottom: creates a stiff, rigid and sturdy board, now with 15 D-rings $ $ &, &, &, &, &, &, &, &, &, &, &,
- Fixed Tri fin design enables easier and more efficient tracking and no lost side fins. 2 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY – Atoll Board Co’s inflatable boards are covered from any workmanship or material defect for a period of 2 YEARS. ATOLL BOARDS offers only the highest quality products and stand behind them 100%, become part of the fastet growing lifestyle sports in the world.
2. Bluefin Cruise SUP Package
Bluefin utilizes PVC Exo Surface Laminate 1000 Denier and Pro Woven Drop Stitch. These materials combine to create bluefin boards that are so strong they can withstand pressures of up to 28 PSI which are the most stable inflatable SUP available in this price range.
Utilize the D-rings connected to quickly convert the SUP into a SUP kayak! Replace the SUP handle with the professional kayak paddle end by clipping on the comfy cushioned seat. It includes an integrated GoPro attachment on the nose for capturing the action, a rugged travel SUP bag, and a pair of goggles.
The most convenient SUP backpack available, with plenty of additional padding and extremely wide straps, and a light fiberglass paddle with an elegant fiberglass shaft that weighs about 45 percent less than normal SUP paddles. The no-flutter polyurethane composite blade is indestructible and both blades float. The 8″ center fin’s improved rake delivers maximum glide and agility for day-to-day paddling.
There are no metal components to lose, and it clips in firmly in seconds. The cruise is inflated by a double-action pump both on the up and down strokes of each pump. The delicate rocker has been designed to be universally useful. The Cruise SUP easily navigates waves yet travels well on flat water. Double layer front rails are strengthened with 500 deniers PVC cloth and hot welded together to provide an aero finish that glides over the water.
- STABLE, VERSATILE & ALL-INCLUSIVE: Bluefin sup boards are for adults & kids, they have Exo Surface Laminate technology & Pro Weave Drop Stitch. Making them so tough they hold 28 PSI & are the most rigid and stable blow up paddle boards you’ll buy.
- WE PLANT A TREE FOR EVERY PURCHASE: The environment is at the heart of what we do. We seek to use recycled materials in our manufacturing processes & are committed to planting a tree for every stand up inflatable board sold, helping our planet.
- KAYAK CONVERSION KIT: Our paddle board can transform into a SUP kayak in seconds! Clip on our comfortable padded seat & swap the SUP handle for our specialist kayak paddle blade (included in package) for kayaking fun on your inflatable paddleboard.
- PORTABLE & TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Our paddle board backpack has extra padding & super wide straps for added comfort on your adventures. Our lightweight 2 piece paddle has an ergonomic fibreglass shaft weighing almost 45% less than standard SUP paddles.
- SMART LOCK FIN & DOUBLE ACTION PUMP: Our versatile centre fin provides ultimate glide and versatility. Double action pump inflates Cruise on both the UP & DOWN portion of every pump to pump your inflatable paddle board up quickly and efficiently.
3. ISLE Cruiser SUP Paddle Board
It’s easy to understand why and how the cruiser is indeed a client favorite, with its ultra-durable soft-top structure and incredible pricing point. It features smooth complete deck traction that reduces foot strain and provides outstanding grip when surfing waves and sailing flat water. It also features a full gripping deck cushion that resists dents, damage, and dog claws while being soft enough for your children.
This plush topped stand up paddle board is ideal for paddle boarding enthusiasts of all skill levels and can be used for a range of activities. Whether you want to use it for leisure kayaking, SUP boarding, SUP fishing, SUP yoga, or to hone your fundamental paddle boarding abilities, the ISLE Cruiser is the ideal option.
The cruiser is constructed from a foam EPS blank, reinforced with the double stringer for added strength, and padded with textured croc skin. The Cruiser’s design gives it the rigidity of an epoxy SUP and the durability of an inflatable. Riders may grip and go with ease and safety thanks to the expandable bungee system.
Attach other items like sunglasses, a camera, and food ”” and even the Coast Guard required life jacket or fishing jacket that’s now necessary on most waterways. This board has an 8′ coil tether that hooks to the tail of the board to keep you attached if you slip off your SUP.
- ALL-AROUND CLASSIC SUP DESIGN: Rigid and stable for riders of all skill levels. Perfect for activities like flatwater paddling, yoga, fishing, and more. This construction makes the Cruiser rigid like an epoxy SUP and super durable like an inflatable.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION WITH COMFORTABLE SOFT TOP: Ultra-durable soft-top deck with croc skin padding for comfort and grip. The molded EPS foam core with dual wood stringers for strength and rigidity, but the super slick bottom for speed in the water.
- INCLUDES FULL ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Each paddle board comes with all the gear you need to get on the water. Includes carbon hybrid adjustable SUP paddle with nylon blade, 8’ coil leash, and nylon touring center fin.
- SIZE SPECS: 10’5″ model weighs 24 pounds. The wide stance ensures stability for fishing, yoga, and family activities. Up to 235 lb. weight capacity.
- WHY SHOP ISLE? Born and bred on the water in San Diego, California since 2004. Our team is committed to bringing you the best quality paddle boards designed and tested by people who surf and paddle daily. Ride it and love it for 60 days or return it! If you don’t love your board we will take it back + 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS!
4. BOTE Deus Paddle Board
By definition, inflatable boats are less rigid than cheap plastic kayaks. The elasticity of the main compartment degrades an inflatable performance by causing the boat to bend and absorb power with each paddle stroke. BOTE long back addressed the issue with Aero, their patented drop stitched air chambers made of army PVC with BVA foam cushioning and heat-sealed seams.
Thousands of microscopic composite threads link the upper and bottom layers of the air chamber. This strengthens the chamber’s surface, allowing it to resist increased air pressure. The DEUS (day-us) is a very adaptable recreational kayak designed using light Aeroultra Technologies and military-grade PVC. This is a sit-on-top canoe and a stand-up paddle board rolled into one, courtesy of the ingenious detachable top chamber that doubles as an additional floating platform.
The Deus Aero Expandable Kayak is the ideal recreational inflatable kayak. It converts from travel bags to an 11′ kayak in minutes and has a weight capacity of up to 350 lbs. The Deus Aero Expandable Kayak is available in BOTE’s Classic design palette of cool gray, seafoam, and elegant fake wood, giving it an obvious vintage throwback vibe.
If Classics isn’t your thing, the aqua blues with burnt orange flashes of color in the Local Aquatic style or the marine blues and orange-yellow in the Local Citron design are also feasible possibilities for a sleek aesthetic you won’t find anywhere else.
- Convertible Kayak & Paddle Board: Can’t decide between a kayak and paddle board? With a removable top chamber it converts from kayak to SUP almost instantly. Enjoy the best of both worlds!
- Inflatable & Portable: Constructed with AeroBOTE Technology the Deus goes from travel bag to 12′6″ kayak in minutes. Packs down to just 39 × 18.5 × 11.5 inches and 50 lbs. Travels comfortably in its high-quality bag.
- Stable & Durable: Deus has 4-chambered Construction for stability, 10-inch removable fin for tracking, and ample keel guard for durability. It’s military-grade PVC Construction provides an ultralight vessel that’s easy to get in and out of the water.
- Feature Rich: Highly configurable with removable seat back, foot bar, and top. D-Rings to tie down your cooler, anchor or rope. Complete Kit with roller bag, hand pump, center fin, foot bar, and repair kit. All you need is a kayak or SUP paddle.
- Better After Service: Based in Destin, Florida – we stand by the quality of our boards. All paddle boards are covered by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or issues!
5. South Bay Board Co. Paddle Board
Inflatable fishing paddle boards like the South Bay Hippocamp are ideal for paddlers that desire the best possible SUP fishing experience. This board provides a steady and regulated paddle boarding experience, while also including essential and distinctive board features that make fishing expeditions more convenient and pleasurable.
Despite its low cost, the South Bay Hippocamp fishing kayak paddle doesn’t skimp on construction quality or features, including PVC military-grade plastic layers that make it one of the hardest boards on the market.
When inflated, the dual-axis drop-stitch technique creates a sturdy and dependable core, whereas the upper and bottom Deck Stringers reinforce the board’s rigidity, providing the rider with a stable platform to utilize on any water surface.
Once deflated and repackaged in its carrying case, it turns extremely portable, which is surprising considering the board’s size while fully inflated. Sliding this into the supplied bag is effortless, and inflation is a breeze owing to the attached strong pump. Once at the waterfront, you’ll be prepared to go in minutes, allowing you to focus more on the fishing.
- Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards: Sbbc Offers The Best All-In-One Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Packages For Adults To Sup With. Our Unique Designs, Beginner-Friendly Shapes, Wax-Free Textures, & Durable Drop-Stitch Tech. = The Best Isups
- Inflatable Paddleboard Dimensions & Recommended Rider Weight: The 11’6 Hippocamp Is 138″ X 34” X 6”, And Easily Supports Up To 450Lbs. The 11’6 Hippocamp Fishing Paddle Board Weighs 35Lbs With Included Kayak Seat, Cooler, & Fishing Rod Holders
- Easy & Incredibly Fun Shapes To Paddleboard: Wide, Rounded Out Nose For Extra Float, Nose Rocker For Easier Glide, Thick 6” Rails & Widened Chest Area For Extra Stability, Pulled In Rounded Squash Tail For Faster Paddle Glide And Release On Turns
- Custom Designed With Durable Materials: Heavy Duty, Military Grade Pvc Frame, Reliable Heat-Welded Seams, Incredibly Stiff Drop-Stitch Technology To Support All Your Gear (Up To 450Lbs) When Inflated, Wax-Free Traction Pad, Real Carbon Fiber Option
6. Tower Inflatable SUP Paddle Board
The greatest fishing SUPs successfully combine incredible features with eye-catching designs, as is the case with this board. Whether you choose the turquoise, gray, or Yachtsman color scheme, you’ll be the main topic of conversation with this tower board. The 6-inch thickness virtually assures that this item won’t be pierced, and you’ll also have very well above 10 feet of working area.
This fishing paddle board is made of military-grade PVC which you can find in costlier versions. This ensures your safety in any circumstance by never feeling as if it’s ready to break. Made to handle extreme pressure while still performing, the surfboard will be with you in every scenario and will prove to be an invaluable companion on a lake, a river, or sea.
The upper deck’s structure ensures that even the most vicious of falls will be cushioned; however, an ordinary kayaker should have next to no difficulty balanced on this thing.
If you want to adjust the board’s performance to fit your style, the middle fin can be easily removed, and it’s difficult to grumble about the tow strap storage as well. The true standout feature here is the fiberglass paddle, which provides superior durability at the tradeoff of somewhat more weight than a carbon composite paddle.
- [WIDE SUP DESIGN] – The Tower Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is 10’4” long and provides 32” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.
- [SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY] – The large single bottom fin helps improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- [MILITARY GRADE MATERIAL] – 6” Thick Military-Grade PVC material and Drop-Stitch construction provides extreme durability. Never worry again about dings and board cracks.
- [NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK & QUALITY] – Great for beginners, as well as experts! People of all skill levels will appreciate our design which reduces the likelihood of accidents or injuries should you fall—happens to us all!
- [INFLATABLE & PORTABLE] – Take your paddleboard with you wherever you go! It quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage, making it ideal for the lake, river or ocean.
7. CBC Marlin Foam Fishing SUP
The California Board Company is now offering a ten-foot fishing SUP with a special design shape for versatility and efficiency on the water. While a convertible aluminum paddle is featured, special mention should be made of the integrated metal rods and gear rack ”“ which even includes a cooler attachment for transporting a package of cold beers or storing your catch on ice.
A removable aluminum rack that accommodates about two fishing rods attaches directly to the deck, providing a convenient location to store your fishing poles whilst you SUP to your favorite fishing site. Once there, you may use the cable built into the head of the paddle to secure your paddle to the paddle while you fish! However, there’s no need to be concerned if you lose the paddle when adjusting your position since the movable aluminum paddle also floats.
The deck is solid and durable, with a super-grippy traction surface and front and rear bungee cord storage choices. Finally, the integrated central carrying handle simplifies transporting this SUP, allowing you to get on the water quickly.
When you’re weary of standing, cooler mounts may serve as a seat. The Marlin has a watertight core made of high-density EPS foam which is both light and robust for excellent performance on the lake and during transit. It is appropriate for paddlers of all abilities, from beginners to experienced anglers.
- Custom molded shape with 3 wood stringers and an eps foam core
- Deck has attached traction pad and dual bungee system plus built in center carry handle and camera mount at the nose
- Metal rod and gear rack with cooler mount
- Adjustable aluminum paddle included
- Leash and single paddleboard fin included
8. Mousa Inflatable Paddle Board
Mousa adheres to a high-quality manufacturing standard, resulting in a paddleboard that’s very solid and durable. At around 20 pounds, this paddle is ideal for paddlers with smaller or lighter frames. Millions of polyester strands are woven together just to create a thick drop-stitch core in its center.
Drop-stitch fabrication has been utilized in the maritime and aviation sectors for decades, and it’s this technique of construction that allows the board to retain its form under severe pressures once completely inflated.
Two layers of army-grade PVC material surround the inner core and, when paired with the medial and lateral side rails, make an extremely strong and sturdy waterproof outer shell that can comfortably resist hits with rocks, other submerged or floating debris, or being dropped accidentally.
The board’s upper deck is coated in a diamond-patterned anti-slip Air cushion deck traction pad that enhances rider stability while also offering more grip and cushioning to help decrease paddling strain over extended distances.
How to Pick the Best Fishing Paddle Boards
Stand up fishing paddle boards, sometimes referred to as SUPs, have exploded in popularity in recent years.
They are presently used for a variety of purposes, one of which is fishing. An excellent method to travel to locations you wouldn’t be able to access otherwise, they resemble the so-called “fishing float tubes” or “belly boats” in this regard.
The benefit of a paddle board for fishing is that you can paddle it without fins and it’s also wonderful for exploring new waterways when you aren’t fishing. When shopping for the finest fishing stand up paddle board, we suggest keeping the following features in mind.
Sups for fishing are available in either a rigid or an inflatable “soft” material. In our minds, we equate hard materials with long-lasting products, but this is not the case when it comes to fishing paddle board.
The term “hard materials” is often used to refer to any hard plastic or foam design that’s inflexible and doesn’t shrink in size when flexed. These boards ride rigidly and are ideal for novices or riders that want more stability. Additionally, they often have thick non-slip foam cushions for increased traction.
Inflatable paddle boards are constructed from very high-quality PVC, which is often classified as military-grade. An inflatable fishing paddle board won’t dent, bend, or fracture when packed in a bag.
They ride like a solid board and are sturdy enough for you to bring your dog along without worrying about him damaging the board with his claws.
This is another important factor that will guarantee that your board stays afloat even when loaded heavily. Nothing is more frustrating than fishing with a board that is battling buoyancy.
Ascertain that the capacity of your inflatable SUP is sufficient for your weight and the weight of any gear you want to bring.
- Length: When combined with a broad stance and a tall stature, a longer board offers the perfect fishing sup. The length guarantees that you can pack all of your belongings comfortably while still having enough space to move about.
- Width: Fishing from a stand-up paddle board might be challenging if you lack the balance and stability necessary to make a flawless toss. It’s easier to get into the proper posture on a board that’s at least 30 inches wide. Additionally, it will instill confidence in you to bike in inclement conditions.
- Thickness: When fishing, the thickness of the fishing SUP board is very important. If you’re simply wearing socks, you won’t get your feet wet on a stand-up paddle board that’s about 6 inches thick because the water won’t crest it. Additionally, a thicker board won’t bend while traversing turbulent water. Weight capacity is strongly related to the sinking depth of the vessel, thus keep this in mind.
Although the term SUP implies that you’re always standing, it’s feasible to outfit your boat with outriggers and seats. Indeed, many fishermen choose to do so in order to have a place to relax and relieve their weight while not throwing or reeling in.
As an alternative, you might seek fishing-specific paddle boards that have a built-in seat, or you can attach one yourself later on. There are options for fixed and inflatable seats, or you may just sit on a storage box or cooler.
The sitting area is a frequently overlooked feature of even the greatest fishing SUPs. While most stand up paddleboards are built for standing, when used for fishing, you will spend a significant amount of time sitting and will want to be comfortable while doing so.
Paddleboards are often equipped with a foam non slip pad that doubles as a seat cushion. Some paddle boards even have a seat back that supports your back as you fish.
Mounts and Accessories
As with fishing kayaks, most paddle boards are equipped with features that aid the fisherman in whatever way imaginable. Fishing rod holders, mounts for fishfinders and GPS units, line stripping mats or boxes, and other handy features are all examples of this kind of equipment.
Just because paddle boards don’t have these features doesn’t imply that you cannot adapt them to meet your individual demands.
Paddle board fishing equipment is plenty. Look for SUPs that can be used to transport a fishing setup. Additionally, you may purchase a less expensive paddle board and outfit it yourself ”“ but this will need more time and work.
Holder for Paddles
When you’re fishing, having a place to store your paddles on your board is quite helpful. Maintaining control of your paddle while fishing may be exceedingly inconvenient and detract from the pleasure.
If your board lacks a specific area for this, purchasing a paddle that disassembles into smaller parts that can be stored under a bungee strap can accomplish the same thing.
This might be as basic as a few D-rings or as elaborate as an enclosed cargo bay, but never underestimate the utility of having enough storage space on board.
It’s good to have a storage space with a door that can be converted to a cooler. Having a secure location to keep your fishing poles and equipment helps ensure your safety while fishing.
The length of a company’s warranty on a stand-up paddle board is an indication of both the quality of the board and the company’s trust in it.
One-year material warranties are normal, although some firms add a money-back guarantee and warranties of two or three years.
Fishing from a stand-up paddle board is a lot of fun, and you don’t want to be left out. Simply get the appropriate SUP and try it for yourself.
The Atoll Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is excellent for paddlers of all abilities. The steadiness of the paddle board is unsurpassed. Additionally, it comes with a fiber paddle and ultra-lightweight blades giving you a perfect combination of size and weight.
You can even secure your gear using any of the available 15 D-rings. It’s an excellent all-rounder fishing paddleboard.