If you’re looking to catch the big fish, then you need the best telescopic fishing rods. Whether you’re going after muskie, bass, or trout, these fishing rods will help bring in your biggest catch yet! They are great on their own, but they are even better with the right accessories to help you reel in fish after fish.
That’s why it’s important to learn the characteristics of telescopic rods before selecting the ideal one for you. We’ve discussed their most essential characteristics, such as the materials they’re constructed of, the amount of power they can provide, and their dimensions when collapsed and completely expanded.
We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you when you buy through links on our website.
Learn more about our Amazon affiliate program
Table of Contents
Best Telescopic Fishing Rods Reviewed
Read our telescoping fishing rod reviews to learn more about the various kinds of telescopic fishing rods and the factors to consider before you buy one.
Here are our top picks for any angler:
1. Sougayilang Fishing Rod
Sougayilang rods are excellent all-around fishing poles. This one comes with a carbon telescoping fishing rod and reel, as well as a lure and line constructed of carbon-based fiber and fiberglass.
It has an interchangeable left and right handle, an instant lock anti-reverse mechanism, and is portable. It’s also constructed of robust and high-quality materials. The Sougayilang fishing rod is equipped with all of the necessary components to be a good saltwater rod, but it’s also a flexible piece of equipment that will serve you well in freshwater fishing.
Two packages offered from the Sougayilang telescopic fishing package are a standard rod and reel combo, while the other is a standard rod and reel combination with a few additional bonuses that provide excellent value for money. These additional goodies include lure, leads, and a few other necessary supplies.
The rod is fully telescopic and constructed of 24T carbon fiber, which makes it corrosion-resistant, lightweight, and very robust for its size. Additional comfort elements include an EVA handle, enhanced grip and maneuverability in inclement weather.
The reel’s build quality is reasonably priced and is constructed with high-grade components such as stainless ball bearings with brass gears. It has several excellent, built-in capabilities such as cast control. This fishing rod’s reel has the load-bearing capacity necessary to be a highly strong piece of hardware. The Sougayilang is without doubt one of the best telescopic fishing poles on the market today.
- KINDLY NOTE:Fishing rod+reel(No Lures&Line) include ONLY 1 FISHING ROD + 1 FISHING REEL.5 Size Kits are Available.You can Use Them for Both Freshwater and Saltwater Fishing.
- THE ROD:High Density Carbon Fiber Mixed with Fiberglass Make The Fishing Pole Hard & Durable,The Hard and Light Weight Guide Ring Made by SIC Ceramic and The Heat Dissipation is Better. EVA Fore Grip for comfort. The telescopic fishing rod is portable, and closed length design is convenient to Travel And Storage.
- The Reel- Sougayilang YB Fishing Reel with Left / Right Interchangeable Handle and instant lock anti-reverse,. 13 + 1 high quality stainless steel ball bearings, Gear Ratio 5.5:1. Excellent Line Lay Oscillation System. Model:YB3000.Line capacity: LBS/YDS 8/215 10/190 12/130
- Light Weight and Portable, Easily Fits in Car Trunk, Boat or Backpack. Sougayilang Spinning Rod Reel Combo Allows You to Travel to Your Favorite Fishing Spot and Enjoy Fishing Whenever and Wherever You Want.
- We Are Proud To Present You The Worry-free 1 Year Service!If Any Problem, Please Contact Us Firstly and Our Customer Service will Solve It for You Soon.
2. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rod
This is another great option for those seeking the best telescopic fishing rods. KastKing Blackhawk II is constructed from 4 levels of carbon composite shards.
It enhances the rod’s sensitivity and suppleness while maintaining the pole’s strength and lightness. It has a reinforced tip with fiberglass to strengthen it and prevent it from snapping under excessive stress. That’s why it’s considered the best collapsible fishing rod.
Line guides made of stainless steel are included with the Kastking Blackhawk II telescopic rod. They may be adjusted thanks to its flotation technology’s improved weight distribution. The disadvantage is that they lack ceramic inlets. As is the case with the majority of KastKing rods, it has a carbon reel seat and split high-density foam handles.
A handy hook holder is located near the handle. After compressing the rod, you may use it to fasten the rig. It has a broad choice of range, actions, and power combinations to pick from. Without a reel or tackle included, this rod is aimed at more serious fishermen seeking a high-quality foldable setup. When it comes to telescopic rods, having a choice of alternatives is a wonderful thing.
The rod’s endurance is enhanced with an EVA rod butt and strengthened reel seats. Braided line fishing may cause damage to the guides, so take care. This is Blackhawk II’s weak aspect that should be noted. However, it’s a great telescopic pole you may want to look into.
- SOLOSCOPIC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY – KastKing KastFlex Toray 24-Ton Carbon Matrix blank and solid glass tip section deliver unmatched durability, sensitivity and performance. One-piece performance in a six-piece telescopic rod design. Multiple floating line guides improve casting performance, deliver a consistent and smooth taper and eliminate flat or dead spots in the blank. Snug-Fit ferrules provide full length power transition and allow these rods to perform and feel like a 1pc rod.
- MULTIPURPOSE – The KastKing BlackHawk II travel fishing rod is available in 14 lengths and actions in travel spinning rod and casting rod models. You’ll find the perfect spinning fishing rod or baitcasting rod for almost any fresh or saltwater fishing situation whether your trout fishing, bass fishing, kayak fishing or even as a n inshore fishing rod for saltwater fishing from the bank or boat. KastKing travel rods feature amazing design and perfect balance.
- CONVENIENT- Besides the obvious advantage of easy travel over the traditional 1 & 2 pc fishing rods, they save valuable fishing time because you can leave the reel on the rod, line through the guides and fully rigged. Simply open the bail with line through the guides and hook attached, extend the rod to its working length and you’ll be fishing again in seconds without re-rigging. Telescopic rods are portable, convenient, and easy-to-carry. Travel anywhere with your Blackhawk II travel rod.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – Only high-quality components including stainless steel line guides, graphite reel seats and comfortable EVA handles are used in the construction of the new and improved, KastKing BlackHawk II telescopic rods. The entire series of spinning rods and casting fishing rods makes a great travel fishing pole or back-up telescopic fishing pole.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY – Extending the rod starts at the tip section! As shown in the video, extend each section while aligning the guides one section at a time. Simply extend the tip section until it stops, align the guides to the tip top guide and repeat with all sections. To collapse the telescopic fishing rod to its travel rod length, start at the bottom of the rod and collapse each section with a simple twist as you work your way to the tip of the fishing rod.
3. Goture Fishing Rod
This Goture fishing rod is a relatively recent addition to the market. Six ball bearings and two bearing systems are used in the rod for smooth and constant performance. Aquila spinning reels are newly developed for superior fishing performance. It has a braiding technique that keeps the blank from twisting.
It’s available in a variety of lengths to accommodate almost any style of fishing. E-glass and fiberglass are used to make these rods. E-glass is often used as a reinforcing fiber in the manufacture of fiberglass. This rod is constructed mostly of carbon fiber and reinforced with fiberglass for further strength.
Due to the increased focus on toughness, this rod is somewhat heavier than the others on this list. They also incorporated a number of non-corrosive gears such as the metal reel seat, making this rod perfect for beach fishing as well.
The handle is manufactured with the typical EVA foam. It’s large enough and cushioned so the rod can be both comfortable and manageable.
As many anglers have noted in their telescoping fishing rod reviews, the Goture Aquila telescopic fishing rod is the best telescopic fishing rod for bass or opaleye.Â
- 【Lightweight and Durable Body】 The lightweight saltwater telescoping rod are built of 24T carbon fiber, which is lightweight, strong, and sturdy. The aluminum tube type reel seat creates a stable and non-slip casting. The high-density EVA handle adopts an ergonomic design to make it comfortable and non-slip.
- 【Premium SIC guides】The SIC guides can provide higher performance, better heat dissipation, and high sensitivity for long-distance casting. This fishing rod uses the stainless steel guide eye bracket and a ceramic ring, which minimize line friction, can deliver longer smooth casts.
- 【Easy To Carry】The high-strength ABS rod has a hook attached, which is easy to place, and protects the guide ring from harm, and is environmentally friendly. The fishing pole can be shortened to 40cm(15.7inch) minimum. Telescopic structure makes it light and portable, suitable for travel, and convenient to fit in the car trunk, boat hatch, or your backpack, enjoy fishing whenever and wherever.
- 【Wide Applications】The telescopic fishing rod is suitable for freshwater and saltwater fishing, like bass and trout, surf fishing or inshore fishing, lake fishing. A really nice gift and collection for fishing beginners or anglers. The fishing pole is available in spinning and casting models. It can be widely matched with many kinds of lengths in both spinning rods and casting rods.
- 【Package & Warranty】The package includes a rod bag and rod case, which can better convenient for you to hold and store fishing rod. If you have any problem with some parts of the telescopic fishing rod, please feel free to contact us and we will commit to solving your problem ASAP.
4. Angler Dream Fishing Rod
The fishing rod is constructed of tough 30T carbon fiber and boasts a triple-A cork grip that makes holding the rod more comfortable. The angler can hold the rod for longer durations.
The Angler Dream collapses to 21.5 inches, making moving your rod even easier. In addition to that, the Angler Dream Tenkara comes complete with everything a new angler needs to get started immediately.
The package includes 1 x furl leader, 5 x fluorocarbon tippets, 1 x fly box and 12 x flies. It is the best telescopic fishing for all new fishermen.
- 30T Carbon Fiber – make the rod light while strong enough, allows the rod be able to handle medium sized fish – even with larger fish like trout .
- AAA Grade 11.9′ Cork Grip – makes it more comfortable to hold the handle.
- 7:3 Action and 9 segments – allow the tenkara rod gives a lot of play while is strong enough to give the angler the chance to fight with large fishes.
- “Package Includes: 13FT Tenkara Rod *1 ,13/FT Tenkara Furl leader *1 , 5X Fluorocarbon Tippet *1 , Fly box with 12 flies *1 , Hook keeper *2”
- 21.5inches Collapsible Length – makes it easy to put the rod into your bag and effortless to carry.
5. Kingswell Telescopic Fishing Rod
This is one of the best telescopic fishing rods that’s simple to transport. It comes with features that help to decrease line friction as well as five fixed guides and three floating guides. Each piece and guide include markings to aid with assembly. Kingswell’s telescopic fishing rod is a combination rod and reel that includes a carrying case. It’s made of robust and light materials and is a high-quality reel.
The collapsible baitcasting rod may be used to capture both fresh and saltwater fish. However, it’s not designed for larger fish. Some of the eyelets might be difficult to maintain straight while fishing. The Kingswell spinning rod is constructed with 24/30 ultra-high-density carbon fiber that’s both lightweight and robust. The rod’s medium-heavy stiffness makes it the ideal all-purpose telescopic rod.
Once the handle is completely adjusted, the anti-reverse and drag operate in unison to prevent you from losing a fish while battling it. The Kingswell is an excellent rod and reel combination for just any fish less than 20 pounds.
It’s the most fluidly cast telescopic rod and reel combination. The casting distance is also reliably long. The reel is fluid, due to the stainless-steel bearings, which won’t rust or grind, even if it falls into the water. This is the finest alternative since you do not need to purchase a separate reel to suit the rod.
This telescopic rods and reel combination is great for the traveling fisherman who wants to conserve space and avoid the hassle of pairing a rod and reel.
- 【All in One Travel Rod Kit】 Includes 6.80ft telescopic fishing pole, size 3000 spinning fishing reel. Carrying bag and fishing line not included.
- 【Telescopic fishing pole】 Our Kingswell Telescopic fishing rod measures 6.80ft (6ft 9in) fully extended and is made of Japanese 24/30 ultra high density carbon fiber. It collapses down to 22 inches making it easy to travel with and store. It can handle casting lures or weights up to 1.5oz.
- 【Spinning Reel S3000】 Kingswell S3000 reel features an aluminum body, 5+1 stainless steel ball bearings, and a 5.2:1 gear ratio. Handle can be interchanged between left or right hand. It is capable of handling up to 15lbs of drag assist. Perfect for big trout, bass, salmon, yellowtail.
- 【Floating Guide System】Make the most of your cast with our floating guide system. Our telescopic fishing rod features 5 fixed guides and 2 floating guides that reduces line friction upon casting allowing for maximum casting distance.
- 【Easy Assembly】Every section and rod guide has a marking that aligns each rod guide and section making assembly easy.
6. Magreel Telescopic Fishing Rod
The Magreel telescopic fishing rod is a saltwater fishing rod constructed entirely of carbon fiber and has a stainless-steel reel seat.
It’s equipped with all of the required materials to withstand saltwater corrosion. It’s compact and versatile, being used for ocean, nearshore, and lake bass fishing.
When you purchase a Magreel telescoping rod, you get everything needed for your next fishing expedition, including a reel. The rod is lined with stainless steel and has ceramic inlets for improved heat dissipation.
As a result, the line’s life is extended. The reel has a gear and an aluminum spool. You may modify the handles at any time. It’s mounted on a hooded stainless-steel seat.
- Premium Fishing Rod: This fishing rod is expertly crafted from 24T Carbon Fiber, boasting a stainless steel hooded reel seat for exceptional durability and corrosion resistance. The stainless steel line guide ring, featuring a ceramic construction, enhances heat dissipation. The EVA handle ensures a soft and comfortable grip.
- Extra Smooth Reel: The reel features an exquisite aluminum spool with a rubber knob, and a foldable metal handle that can be easily switched between right and left hands. Its exceptional smoothness makes it ideal for tackling large gamefish. It boasts a powerful 5.2:1 gear ratio and a line capacity of 0.25/215, 0.30/150, and 0.35/110 (mm/m).
- Comprehensive Accessories: This fishing poles kit comprises telescopic fishing rod, fishing reel, EVA carrier bag, 120m fishing line, and a tackle box full of fishing lures and accessories.
- Remarkable Portability: The spinning fishing rod and reel combo, along with its EVA carrier bag, are lightweight and convenient for transportation. They easily fit into your backpack, trunk, or boat, ensuring you can enjoy a fantastic fishing trip at any time!
- Enhance Your Fishing Experience and Equipment Care: To optimize your fishing experience, maintain a proper rod angle of 45-60 degrees during fish battles and utilize a landing net to prevent pole breakage. Regularly inspect and safeguard your fishing rod from impacts to prevent surface cracks that may lead to breakage. After fishing, thoroughly wipe the rod dry and clean. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for prompt support.
7. Plusinno Fishing Rod
The Plusinno fishing rod comes in several sizes in length and width. There are two options available namely one that includes the rod and reel and another that has the rod and reel combination along with a travel case and a few other extras.
As one of the best fishing rods, the Plusinno rod is made of high-density carbon fiber, which provides far more sensitivity than fiberglass fishing rods while being incredibly lightweight.
Made of corrosion-resistant materials to provide saltwater resistance, the handle is made of EVA foam. It’s a great heavy-duty telescopic fishing rod.
The reel that you get is a standard low-cost spinning reel. It’s also used for light fishing, but if you’re going for huge saltwater fish, it’s a good idea to replace the reel. The Pulsinno retracting rods are an excellent entry point for almost anybody interested in retractable rods. They are enjoyable to use, pack into a little collapsible design, and are reasonably priced.
Plusinno fishing rod setup is one of the most convenient solutions for grab-and-go mobility. Additionally, the tackle offered here is of higher quality than what is generally included in similar telescopic combination packages. The soft and lure baits, as well as the hooks and weights, are of reasonable quality.
- 【Warm Prompt】- Fishing rod(6.49FT)+Fishing reel(No Lures & Line) Include 1 Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 【Ultra-Sensitive IM6 Carbon Fiber Blank】- PLUSINNO Bronze Warrior Telescopic Fishing Rod are constructed with IM6 Carbon matrix technology blanks for great power and premium toughness, super light but super durable.
- 【Premium Components】- The Welded Stainless Steel Guides with Ceramic Inserts makes it more smooth and durable while dissipating heat more efficiently. The Exquisite Reel Seat Is Made of Corrosion Resistant CNC Machined Aluminum for a solid base and all-day. EVA handles are comfortable, durable and exceptionally slip resistant giving you maximum control over your fishing pole in all conditions.
- 【Powerful Spinning Reel】– The saltwater fishing Reel is made of 12 quality ball bearings and 1 instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing, these exceptional bearings reduce noise and offer you silky smooth & balanced operation and all-day fishing comfort. Fishing reels also has a high-capacity CNC aluminum spool and a reversible left or right-handed retrieve aluminum handle.
- 【Best Gifts Choice】- PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combo is a great father day gifts to any beginner or addictive anglers. Get one right fishing gear as gift for your boyfriend, father, son or your friends in Christmas or their birthday, it’s will be a lifetime memory for them.
8. Daiwa Megaforce Tele Spin
Daiwa Megaforce Fishing Rods are graded according to the lures’ casting weight. They are recommended for maximum lure weights. This rod is available in a variety of lengths and diameters and the handle is made of cork and EVA.
Carbon fiber is used for the blank, while titanium oxide is used for the guides, resulting in the lowest resistance and optimum casting distance. It’s an extremely sensitive rod that allows you to detect even the tiniest nibble at the line’s end. It has the same sensitivity as a single-piece rod.
This is a premium telescopic fishing rod of superior quality to the majority on the market. The lightweight actions have the same sensitivity as one-piece fly fishing rods.
The heavier actions result in a rod that is tough, rigid, and powerful enough to cast from the beach. It’s considered to be one of the best alternative fishing rods available today.
- Length: 9.84 Feet, Transport length: 27.16 inch
- Casting Weight: 2.47-5.29 ounce (max. weight on line incl. lure when casting)
- Parts: 7, Guides: 6, Weight: 10.40 ounce
- HMC+ carbon fiber blank, Titanium oxide guides
- High quality cork / EVA handle, Daiwa Allround Tele-Fishing-Rod
How to Pick the Best Telescopic Fishing Rods
When you’re out in search of a telescopic fishing rod, be it for your personal use or as a gift for someone you care about, there are certain things that you need to take into consideration. These factors will help you pick out a suitable telescopic fishing rod.
The first thing that you must know is what kind of fishing are you planning on doing? This information will determine how big or small your telescopic fishing rod should be.
If it’s going to be used for freshwater fish like trout, then a shorter pole will suffice, but if saltwater fish like tuna and shark are on your list of catches, then longer poles with bigger reels would come in handy.
Here are some of the key factors to consider when shopping for telescopic fishing rods:
The most commonly used materials for a telescopic fishing rod are fiberglass, carbon fiber, or a combination of the two. It’s preferable if the rod is given the greatest possible weight rating.
You can cast and feel a high-density fiberglass rod in a different way than other materials. One will notice the rod’s responsiveness and a great degree of flexibility the first time you use it.
To make high-density carbon fiber, a process known as “pulling and wrapping” is used. To achieve maximum performance, carbon fiber rods must have extremely tight tolerances.
The heavier the material, the heavier the telescopic rod will be. If you’re walking for a long distance to fish you have to reduce the weight of the telescopic rod to enable easy traveling.
This is also known as the rod weight or the power value of a rod. It refers to the amount of stress the rod can withstand before breaking. It’s common to see telescopic rods with a medium or heavy power rating.
Smaller fish will benefit the most from this characteristic. An ultra-heavy rod is capable of reeling a bigger type of fish whereas an ultra-light rod is only good for catching a small type of fish.
There are many medium-sized rods. The medium-heavy reel is ideal if you’re looking to reel in a large catch.
The maximum size of fish that a fishing rod can handle is indicated by the length of the rod. Both lighter and heavier options are available. Each size has additional subcategories. The more power you use, the more likely you are to catch large fish.
Telescopic rods have a variety of lengths. The length of a telescopic fishing pole can be adjusted. Feet and inches are used to convey this information.
The length of your rod is entirely up to you. It will have an effect on the way you fish. Assuming this is the case, you’re probably looking for a telescopic fishing rod to fit in the backpack without a lot of hassle.
Some rods come with a bag such as Shimano’s telescopic fishing rod. The good news is that you can rest assured that your fishing rod will be safe throughout the trip. Line guides are protected by a plastic cap that comes with most fishing rods.
Shorter rods are ideal for fishing in small ponds or areas with dense vegetation because of their shorter length. If you plan to use a telescopic reel while hiking or camping, you should go with a shorter pole.
Longer rods allow for longer throws and are better suited to saltwater or larger water bodies. It’s recommended to use long poles for casting long distances and catching large fish with them.
When a heavy object hits your bait, you’ll have a problem with light products. In order to avoid damage, the rod must be light in weight. This will enable the rod to bend properly.
Telescopic rods typically employ thinner lines. These fishing rods aren’t designed to catch a huge and large type of fish.
As a result, thick heavy lines are unnecessary. However, you should always double-check that the line you want to use is suitable with the rod.
A similar statement can be made about the bait. Lighter lures will reduce casting ability and sensitivity making them less effective. Bulky lures, on the other hand, put the line as well as the rod at risk.
Depending on how many sections you have, the number of weak areas in your rod will be determined. Most telescopic poles have four, five, or six parts. Rods that have fewer sections tend to be better.
No matter how good your materials are, they will still affect the overall length of your rod. Consider as few sections as possible when looking for fishing rods with the greatest durability possible.
It’s true that the compressed length may vary by just an inch or two, but that inch or two may be significant to some people.
Before you buy a telescopic fishing rod, do your research. Ask around to see what people like, and if possible, get your hands on a few models before making a purchase.
There are some great options out there, but only if you know how to choose them. The list of products discussed above is a good place to start.
However, we highly recommend the Sougayilang Fishing Rod as the best retractable fishing rod. It’s fully telescopic and made of high-quality 24T carbon fiber.
The rod is also lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and robust for its size. It’s a great option to consider when shopping for telescopic fishing rods.